A plugin is a combination of many functions which are added to your wordpress website. They will help you in simplifying the tasks and adding extra features to your website like virus scanning, payment gateways and provides access to new file types. Normally the these are written in programming language with functions predefined in it.
They enable you in adding new features without editing the source code. If you are not an expert in programming language. Then the plugins make your job easier. By simply adding a plugin intended for your requirements, you can add new features to your website. There are thousands of plugins are available for free in wordpress. They provide different features according to the need. The website customization will be easier when we use both theme and plugin on wordpress site.
If you want to design an e-commerce website. Then you can install woocommerce plugin which best suitable e-commerce store. It provides all the features required to run an e-commerce website. There are so many wordpress themes are available, which can be used in combination with this plugin.
With the help of these you can also add social media sharing buttons on your web post. By adding social media sharing buttons, your users can easily share your content on social media sites like facebook, twitter. This boost the chances of reaching your webposts to more number of people. More people it reaches there are more chances of increase in traffic.
They make your job easier to design any kind of website. Whether it is an e-commerce website, coupon website, educational website. They provide easy customization to your website.
Why to use wordpress plugins
- You can add any kind of features to your website easily.
- This will help you in adding new features to your website without editing any code. So if you are not good in programming also, you can easily add new features.
- They provide feature to add social media sharing buttons on your posts. Which will be good, because more number people your posts reach, there is a chance of more traffic to your site.
- Some plugins makes search engine optimizaation is easy. By installing them you can easily follow proper SEO techniques.
- Your website security will also be increased. If you are using a well known security plugin, it provides security to your website.
There are so many free and premium versions are available for wordpress websites.
You can install wordpress plugins from the plugins window of your wordpress dashboard.
If you want to install a plugin from wordpress library. You can directly search the it in the wordpress library and then install. Once the installation is completed, activate the it to access the features.
If you have purchased a premium version, then you can install the it by uploading the files. Afetr the installation is completed, activate it to access the features.
There are many free plugins are available for wordpress. You can find large collection of free versions in the wordpress library. It is also safe to download from wordpress library.
Free versions offer you many features like maintaining your site SEO, craeting an e-commerce store. But some features may be locked when you are using free versions.
You can also use premium plugins on your wordpress website. Premium versions are well optimized and have more features when compared to free ones.
Premium ones provide you extra features which are not avilable with free versions. By using some premium ones you can improve the security and page speed of your website.
There are so many premium ones are avilable for wordpress site.
There is also an option to hire a developer who can develop a plugin according to your requiremets. Some third party websites also offer you plugins, you can purchase from there webistes.
Things to be considered before choosing a plugin
Before installing you need to consider following to ensure better performance,
- Some plugins may slow down your webiste, before choosing a plugin check this thing.
- By installing some plugins there are chances of getting errors. Before choosing it, check the compatibity of the plugin with your wordpress version.
- Some plugins may have virus files, before installing any plugin ensure it is free of virus files. With this you can ensure your site security.
- When you are purchasing a premium one, try to purchase from well known sellers like Code Canyon, Mythemeshop.
- Read all user reviews before installing a plugin. By reading the reviews you will get brief view about the plugin.