How Search engine works ?
Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo will get number of search requests. And they display the most appropriate results for the search. If the search engine provides the most relevant details, then the user trusts it. If the user satisfied with the search results, then he will use the same search engine for other searches. In competitive industry it is very important to gain the users trust.
Search engines use different methods to show the search results. Search engines scan entire data on the internet and shows search results. Every search engine uses its own search algorithm while searchig for a result. They will index millions of web pages and their content to show search results.
How search engine display results
Every search engine has its own algorithm to display the seach results. They have web crawlers, these crawlers always scan the web. They will scan all websites and content of that site.
Web crawlers scan the content of the web page. They will index the keywords, meta tags, focus keyword, and the content of the web page. If they find any relavant content to the search, shows that in the search results. They will show most relavant content in the search results.
Search engine also condider some factors like,
Location of the web search
Search engines will display the results depending on the geographical location. Because users are more interested in content which are related to them.
Socia media presence
Social media plays an important role in the seach engine working. Search engines also check the social media presence of the website. Nummber of people following the page of the website also matters to display the search results.
Quality of Content
Content is most important thing in the search results. Search engines will check the keyword, meta tags, pictures and attributions for showig search results. If any one of these matches with search keywords, then search engine will consider that page for the search results.
Usage of Hedings H1, H2, H3 etc.
Proper usage of H1, H2, H3… leads to rank your website in search results.
Number of Backlinks
Search engines will also check for number of sites linking to the content. This is nothing but how many number of backlinks the page has. If the content is linked by more sites, it is better for the search results.
The backlinks from the higher Domain authority sites are more better than backlinks from lower Domain authority sites. If any page has backlinks from higher domain authority websites, then the chances of displaying in the search results are more. Backlinks from the most popular websites are considered as much valued backlinks.
How to rank your website or blog in search results
- Use popular keywords in your article, so that your content relates to the most searched keywords over the search engines. Use a good keyword planner to find out the most popular or most searched keywords on the internet.
- Write quality content, so that user tends to return your site for what they want. This will help you in gaining trust of the users.
- Do proper link building. Build back links for your article, so that the number of sites linking to your site will be more. This will help the web crawlers to find your article easily among various same type of articles. Search engines will prefer the sites that have more number of back links. Follow proper link building process to improve your search results.
- Mention a meta description so that your site rank well in the search results.
- Use proper sub headings in your article like H1, H2, H3,… This also will help you to rank the site.
- Use image attributes for the images used in your site. Use at least one image in your article.
- Do proper interlinking of same type of content on the site, so that search results will be good.
- Write a decent amount of words in your article, so that the time user stay on your web page will be more. This will help you in getting more traffic from the search engines.
- Follow the On page and Off page search engine optimization methods to rank better in search results.